scatterbrained

Where is this ride taking me and do I really want to go there?

25 May 2006

I'm back!

I will try to break this up into a couple of postings as there is much to catch up on.

First of all Paul and I are getting settled in our apartment and the DSL is finally up and running. This is very important as I need it for my current job. I have a temporary job doing taxonomy for the website of an educational TV channel. Taxonomy is very important and useful but it can be quite tedious when you work on it all day long.

After I received the good news about comps I proceeded to pass all of my classes. YAY!

The week between finals and graduation was spent packing and moving. It’s funny I never thought I would miss that little box of a room, but it was my home for two years and a lot of exciting things happened there.

Anyway our new place is a nice size, has lots of light, but is quite short of closet space. Paul already had a wardrobe from Ikea but I needed something else. So we started searching Craig’s List and the As-Is room at Ikea. Boy-o-Boy did we find some deals.

I love Ikea, just in general. Good stuff, cheap, good food, everything is blue and yellow. . . all good characteristics. Anyway the As-Is room can be amazing! We found a CD rack, bookcase, TV table and my wardrobe all at, at least half off. They are there for a reason however, my wardrobe does have a chunk of one side missing but it is in the back and no one would ever know.

The luck on Craig’s List is just as exciting. We found two chairs with matching foot stools, three rolling carts, another CD rack and the best find, my kitchen cart. All of these are in great condition and at least half of what they were new. Paul did most of the work on these finds and the credit should all go to him. Thanks sweetie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home