scatterbrained

Where is this ride taking me and do I really want to go there?

04 March 2006

It’s so exciting!

When I was in Memphis for the MLA meeting Paul and I had some time apart to think about our relationship and where it is going. All of this thinking led to him asking me to marry him. I accepted. So I'm getting married! Really soon. We really don’t see any reason to have a long engagement or big wedding. We plan on getting married at the courthouse in Annapolis in May after this semester is over and having a reception/party both here and in Oregon afterwards to celebrate.

I know we haven’t know each other for very long but I can’t explain how right this feels.

*After some thinking we are pushing things back a bit to have plenty of time to plan everything, stay tuned for more info*

3 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM , Blogger Julie M. said...

    Yay Shayna for putting the word out...after accidentally blurting the news of my student worker Dave's engagement, I figured I should stay quiet about yours...but many congrats!

     
  • At 6:36 PM , Blogger Zarzuela said...

    Hi Shayna!

    It was nice meeting you in Memphis. Gotta love those ducks!

    And let me add a big CONGRATS on your engagement!! :)

    Jessica

     
  • At 3:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations, Shayna! Lauren told me the good news and I had to come over and see it for myself. I'm also glad that you enjoyed MLA and I'll see you in class soon.
    Chelsea

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home