scatterbrained

Where is this ride taking me and do I really want to go there?

25 August 2005

travels in Oregon part 1

There is so much to share about my vacation I will break it up into chunks. Let's start at the bery beginning (a very good place to start). I arrived in Portland August 9th with tears of joy, I forgot how beautiful the mountains are. From PDX I rode the MAX to Hillsboro where I met my fantastic grandma and her brand new car so we could drive to Eagle Crest and spend some lesiure time with Mom, Dad, Nat and her friend Tiffany. I didn't take any people pics there but I got some lovely nature shots.

Nat, Tif, Dad and I did a little rafting we had a ton of fun despite the sore backsides. We went into Bend one day and I found the most adorable dress and later found a fab-o green hat to match.

On Friday Mom and Dad went home and the girls and I took Grandma home and picked up my car. It was pretty exciting.

Then Sunday I went to Portland and grabed up the two most beautiful people in town, Wog and the dear Fiona. We went up to The ampitheatre at Washinton Park to see the best show of the summer. This year did not let me down. We saw the incredible band 3 Leg Torso play with the Portland Festival Orchestra. This a free show that I've caught 3 of the past 4 years. I'm listing to 3 Leg Torso's CD Astor in Paris right now and I admit that I'm a complete sucker for a band with an accordian. Fi gor restless halfway through and the Wagner ladies went to play at the park and I ilstened and took some pics. After the show I treated the girls to the world's best ice cream at Ice Cream Renaissance across the river in Vancouver (that's Washington state, not Canada).

Ok I think this is enought to start with but get ready for tales from Gardiner!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i hear ya! portland is beautiful with the best views and attitude.

     
  • At 10:53 AM , Blogger Julie M. said...

    Yay! Splendid pictures! Sounds like you had fun!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home