scatterbrained

Where is this ride taking me and do I really want to go there?

25 May 2006

Part 2-Graduation


My family was able to come out for graduation, Angi arrived on Thursday and The rest of them arrived on Friday. Saturday morning, Paul went to meet them, his first time meeting my family, and we walked to the Metro.

We arrived at the law school just in time for me to get in line. I skipped the main part of the ceremony because I didn’t want to rent the cap and gown and listen to boring speeches. Dean Hale gave Dr. Pierce a special award then Dr. Pierce read our names. It was really exciting, I was told that because of my late decision to graduate that my diploma would not be ready for graduation but I was in for a surprise, I got my diploma that day.

There was a reception outside and we took some photos. Then it was off to see the city. We first went for lunch at http://thaichiliatmci.com/ it was wonderful, it is owned by the same people that own our favorite sushi place http://sushigoroundatmci.com


Our favorite waiter, Jimmy, was there and we had excellent service, as always. We left a very nice tip and afterwards Jimmy told us about a promotion they are having to celebrate

their one year anniversary. If you spend $50 on sushi you get two Regal movie tickets. He spoke to the manager and gave us tickets that day, sometimes we just have good luck!

After our delicious lunch we proceded to the Air and Space Museum and saw all kinds of interesting things, including the Wright Bros.

Then we walked down the mall, I was tired so Paul and I sat and the rest went to the Washington Monument. Afterwards we went to dinner at Chili’s and mom and I did some shopping at the Body Shop. I took them back to their hotel and went to bed.

The next day, Mother’s Day, we took Paul’s mom and sister along with my family to Bambule for their fantastic brunch. It went really well, the families seemed to get along and the food was wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home