scatterbrained

Where is this ride taking me and do I really want to go there?

18 August 2008

Two years

Today is the second anniversary of my marriage to Paul. We went out for a wonderful sushi dinner last night and as we drank our second bottle of Chimay, we talked about the good things that have happened in the past two years. We talked about all of the crazy places that I would drive to to pick him up when he was OTR, our adventures in moving and homeownership, wacky times with Hannah, and times just like the one we were having. This talking led to some discussion of the not so great times, which unfortunately greatly outnumber the good times. His suicide attempts, my surgeries, both of our upcoming CT scans, the money trouble, being denied Social Security, the ever-changing medication cocktails, my severe hatred of my job, and more. FOrtunatley when we were talking about the very worst, our waitress Carmen brought us a piece of cherry cheesecake and we became a little more lighthearted and went back to discussing the good things.

As difficult as these two years have been I would not trade them for anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home