scatterbrained

Where is this ride taking me and do I really want to go there?

09 July 2005

pain

Ok, I realize that I am a nerd. I mean, I want to be a librarian, a music librarian. And I would rather spend my free time knitting, reading, or making soap. But this morning as I’m trying to finish knitting Angi’s shirt and drinking coffee I turned on the TV and found myself absolutely drawn into Antiques Roadshow. What about this show is so addictive? I know that other people my age watch this show, although most will deny it when asked. My only guess that my love of research likes the provenance and how these professionals can give value to old things.

And now for something completely different . . .

I sometimes go through times of complete clumsiness. This week definitely fits this. On Thursday as I was leaving Marist I was walking down the front steps and missed one. I fell face first down the stairs. My knees are really bad, scraped, bruised and very, very sore. This morning I was going to my sink so I could get water for coffee and I stepped on a piece of broken glass. About a month ago I dropped a drinking glass and I worked very hard to clean up all the pieces. But I guess I wasn’t thorough enough. So now I have a nice puncture wound on my right heel. What makes this better is that my right knee is certainly more damaged from the fall. Now I walk a little oddly and I just want to go back to bed.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I watch the Roadshow too! I love that show.

    Chris Nelson

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home