scatterbrained

Where is this ride taking me and do I really want to go there?

30 August 2006

busy times or why smoggo is too lame to post regularly

I’m sorry that I’ve been so bad about posting lately. Things have just been busy and when ever I have a free moment I have been relaxing by reading, knitting or playing video games.

I’ve been asked MANY times in the past week and a half if I feel any different now that I’m married. Honestly other than getting used to wearing a ring I don’t feel at all different. In response to the request for pictures I have them set as a private page on flickr. If you would like an invite and have not already received one please email or leave a comment and I will get you an invite.

In general both friends and family have been very supportive of our decision to have a simple private ceremony followed by tow receptions, one on each coast. But there has been one, very vocal, opponent to this. That is Myrna. She decided to tell me that she was hurt by being excluded and how could I do this to everyone. This has really been bothering me, I haven’t wanted to hurt anyone. I just wanted something simple just for Paul and me. I don’t like being in front of a lot of people and we certainly don’t have the money to spend on a big production regardless of what coast we did it.

I know I shouldn’t let it bother me. I mean I’m happy with the way everything has gone. I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything by not having a big wedding. I’m married to the man I love and that is enough. But I’m still haunted by the idea that everyone I know and care about is upset with me and my decision.

On a happier note Paul and I are going to NYC this weekend because my fantastic Grandma will be there. She is a remarkable and wonderful lady and I feel blessed to have her in my life. I hope that she likes Paul.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:29 PM , Blogger Wendy Wagner; said...

    a) The only way Myrna could be happy would be if you allowed her to plan the wedding, interview potential officiants and design your dress. Jeez! I mean, the fact that she's complaining shows her level of dorkiness/lack of tact. It's completely inappropriate for her to say anything to you.

    b) She's not even family for Pete's sake! I think it's okay to just let this one roll of your back.

    I am so happy to hear that you and your Grandma are hooking up in NYC! I hope this is a wonderful experience for her.

    Love you!

    PS: I think I lost my flikr invite.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home