scatterbrained

Where is this ride taking me and do I really want to go there?

24 October 2006

Happy Socktoberfest!


widd2
Originally uploaded by shaythelibrarian.

Widdershins sock from knitty.com
Brown Sheep Co. Wildfoote sock yarn in geranium colorway
Fiddlesticks bamboo needles size 1, bound off with crochet hook in size F

This is my second Soctoberfest and third pair of socks. Well not exactly, I only have one sock at the moment but I have a feeling that the second one will go very quickly. This is my first attempt at a toe-up sock. I really like this method, I was able to make the foot the perfect length! The leg was easy and I made it a nice length also. Then came the bind off. I think I tried 4 different ways of binding off before I found one that was loose enough to get over my heel. This was incredibly frustrating to figure out, but I ended up using a crochet bind-off with a chain stitch between each bound off stitch. It looks like a ruffle in the pics but that’s ok because I can get it on my foot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home