scatterbrained

Where is this ride taking me and do I really want to go there?

01 October 2008

I wish I knew why I am so bad at updating this blog.
Today is 1 October. The beginning of Socktoberfest. I found some lovely yarn on Saturday, Trekking ProNatura and I picked a lovely blue variegated. I think I'm going to do another simple toe-up sock but by the time I get to the leg I may do some kind of a pattern.

I am nearly done with the Aliah sweater, I am constantly amazed at how much I like working with Vanna's Choice baby.

The teaching is going pretty well, but I would still love to be somewhere else.

Paul is no worse and no better than before, but I am getting annoyed when his hand tremors are so bad that it wakes me up. It is no fun to be waken by a wildly thrashing hand, especially when the owner of that hand is fast asleep and has no idea what is happening.

The most exciting thing that has been happening with me is that I am now a successful cheese maker. I was inspired, as were so many others, to try 30 minute Mozzarella as described in Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. This Monday my third attempt was successful.

Side note, I saw my favorite surgeon last week and he said that everything is as it should be and he will see me in one year. If everything is still fine at that point I will not have to go back. Dr. F is wonderful but I will not mind being free of pancreatic troubles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home