scatterbrained

Where is this ride taking me and do I really want to go there?

21 October 2004

blah, blah, blah

I won't bore you with more of the little details of the wedding set-up but I will say that the wedding was fantastic! The morning of W, F and I went to the church early to finish cleaning and setting up. Kurt and his dad came and set up the sign, they were really adorable. On Sunday Eliz and Jen said they would be there around 11, and W and I figured they would be there around noon but they were even later than that. At least we were able to get things ready without them.

Then as I was getting changed Jen and Eliz as well as Jarusha's friend Megan arrived. Soon after followed the photographer. Sidenote, my outfit was fantastic! Wendy and Fi went up to the attic to try to nap and change. While they were up there Jarusha called me several times to check on the set up status and remind me about things that I had already done, it wasn;t a problem I knew she just had wedding day jitters. She finally arrive at about 1:45. The wedding was supposed to start at 2. Kurt was there as well as much of J's family.

Everyone look fab and the ceremony went really well, when J had to take a moment to stop crying I nearly started, it was a wonderfully emotional time. Then about 10 minutes from the end I set my left hand on my skirt and was stung in the side of the hand by a wasp. I nearly screamed, but I didn't want to interupt the wedding. So I sat there and bit my lip to keep from crying. After the receiving line I ran to the car to cry and Eliz helped me by finding some baking soda to put on the sting.

We proceded to the reception and lost the people that we were following. Fortunately we had driven around Pottsville the previous day and eventually found it. Eliz and Jen were not so lucky. But they did get there. THe cake was beautiful and the food was good. After the food Wendy Fi and I went out to play on the play structure in the back of the mansion. Fi learned to go down the slide by herself, what a smart girl!

There was much dancing and conversing but we were all exhausted and went back to the motel before the end. When we were unpacking I found a video camera in the trunk of my car and kept an eye out for the happy couple to return. Fi was asleep and W and I stood outside with K & J so they could unwind a little, Kristina joined us and we had a lovely talk. K & J had to leave at 2 am to drive back to Baltimore to fly to the castle in Nova Scotia that they are honeymooning at. How romantic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home