scatterbrained

Where is this ride taking me and do I really want to go there?

27 November 2004

skipping peanutbutter cups

Thanksgiving was really wonderful! I drove up to PA on Wednesday morning, braving bad weather and horrible traffic, but I made it. After I arrived Eliz and I went to market. I love the Lancaster market, we found some lovely cheese, flowers, yogurt, a little pepper plant, and pumpkin spice fudge. After doing our shpoing we had tea with Rebecca at the ever so lovely Pemberely Tea Shop. I had a rooibos herb blend that was delightful! After tea Eliz and I stopped at a house her friend is housesitting and cut some fresh lavender and rosemary.

When we arrived back at the guest house I was encouraged to choose a room to sleep in. I have slept in rooms 3 and 4 before so I went with room 2, Eliz suggested that we try out the bed to make sure it was comfortable and we ended up taking a little nap.

After the nap we consulted the paper and Jen to decide what to do that evening. We eventually decided to go to Senorita Burrita for dinner and then see the movie Christmas with the Kranks. The movie was better than I expected, but I wasn't expecting much.

Thursday morning we woke up early and got to work on our part of the big dinner. I made cranberry sauce, with fresh local cranberries. Eliz made a wonderful shitake mushroom gravy, stuffed mushrooms, and we collaborated on a fantastic salad. It was wild greens with english walnuts, pomegranate seeds, homemade balsalmic vinagrette and your choice of blue cheese, chevre, and sun-dried tomato cheedar.

Then we arrived at the Swope's. Jo, Eliz's mom, is super cute and Jen looks just like her. We chatted and then Allen, Eliz's dad, came down. We set the table and worked in the kitchen. Then Grandma and Grandpa arrived and they were very cute. Grandpa plays the contrabass clarinet and we talked music for a good while. Dinner was really good and I was so stuffed afterwards. We girls worked on dishes and left the old folks to talk. After pie I called Wendy and my family to wish them all a good Thanksgiving.

Then we decided to go to Hershey Candy Lane we raided the coat closet and came out very bundled up. We arrived and immediately bought really good cookies. Then we wandered around the park and we met a nice Hershey bar who gave us a hug, there were also these window displays from the 20's that we were a bit scared of, some were really ugly. We hurried back to Chocolate World before they closed and as we left the lights a Reece's Penutbutter Cup grabbed Eliz and I by the hand and skipped with us to the exit.

Chocolate world was fun but when we got off the ride all the shops had closed and we never got our hot chocolate.

Friday we had a lovely time eating leftovers and working on the soap project.

Thank you Swopes for having me and thank you family and thank you Wendy.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM , Blogger Wendy Wagner; said...

    Eliz told me about the peanut butter cup. He sounded koo-koo-ka-tchoo! You guys had such a fun sounding Turkey Day! I am really glad for you!

    =)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home