scatterbrained

Where is this ride taking me and do I really want to go there?

28 December 2004

only a few bruises

Yesterday Natalie, Tiffany, Angi and I went to Mt. Hood. Ang and I skiied and the other 2 snowboarded. Things were really fun until N, T and I decided to go up to the next lift rather than stay on the buttercup. as we climbed higher and higher, past the timber line we became a little concerned for our safety, had we made the right decision to go up that high? In my case this was the wrong decision. I took a path the differed from the other girls in search of the easier green path. After falling hard on my right hand and doing a few flips head over heels I made it back to the bottome of the slope. There I met all the others who convinced me that the way they took was much easier and we sould try again, we were among the last people allowed on the lift for the day. I wasn't sure that I should have gone again, since my right hand was swollen to almost twice its normal size but they were sure I could make it. The mountain was very icy and the hills were steep, at one point Ang and I took off our skis and slid down the hill on our butts. Ski patrol passed and things seemed fine when I went a little too fast and fell hard on my front and had the wind knocked out of me. Not a fun experiance. Tiff went to find ski patrol to help me and then a nice young man came by to make sure we made it down the mountain. I din't fall again but I hurt a lot and just wanted to go home. It turned out that we were the only people left on the mountain, put I got a ride from ski patrol and we made it off the mountain just before dark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home